Blog yearbooks.

- - - - Saturday, December 5, 2009 - - - -

I've always wished I was good at keeping a diary. Growing up I tried multiple times a year to start keeping some sort of journal of my life but it never lasted more than a week. I wish so much now that I could have such a detailed look back at my years growing up.

When I started my blog one year ago {almost exactly} I figured that it would be another failed journal attempt. And it definitely did take me a while to keep up with it, but the important part is that I did. I kept writing and the more I did, the more I loved it. Now blogging is just a fun outlet for my thoughts and its hard to even go a day without posting. I found a really cool website the other day that will convert blogs {including photos} into a book...

It includes a table of contents and a custom cover and some other customizable options. I had never even thought about something like this before!

I'm thinking that I will start creating a hard cover book for every year of my blogging, starting with a book of my 2009 posts at the end of the year. I think they will be such fun keepsakes as I get older. Kind of like yearbooks for my adult life! The site I found was sharedbook.com but when I do this I will probably find a site that lets me do more of the design. I love the idea of putting my current blog design as the cover {as I'm sure it will change at least once a year}.

Here are a few random examples of the pages it created for me. Very cool.



1 comments:

Margaret said...

I used to follow this womans blog and she just made hers into a book. I want to do that eventually... Maybe when my kids are older:)

Post a Comment