Thankful Thoughts #13.

- - - - Thursday, December 24, 2009 - - - -

As I sit here with family, thankful for all the food and gifts we are enjoying this holiday, I am also remembering the real reason for the reason. Christmas is the celebration of Jesus' birth, and wow, what a huge celebration that is. It's so easy for all of the fun holiday traditions to overshadow the real reason we celebrate, but today and tomorrow I hope you will remember that Christ was born and was born for you! He is the Messiah, the Redeemer, the Ruler of Creation. He is worthy to be praised... and His birthday should indeed be a joyous celebration of life, love, and family. I am so thankful on this Christmas Eve for the birth of my Savior! He is and always will be the ultimate Gift and reason for celebration. Read the Christmas story {Luke 2:1-20}

 
O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Savior's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining. 
Till He appeared and the Soul felt its worth. 
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, 
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. 
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices! 
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;  
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!

1 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Wow Linds. Great blog. Perfectly said. Well worded. And that song... I never really paid attention to the words... but boy they are quite amazing. Thanks

Post a Comment