Santa came early.

- - - - Monday, December 14, 2009 - - - -

Christmas Rule #1: Do not buy things for yourself right before Christmas! Chances are, the thing you have been wanting has been made clear to your significant other and its already wrapped and under the tree. My sweet husband learned this lesson on Saturday morning...
You see, we recently bought a new TV. We've actually been saving money to buy it for months and finally found the right one at the right price. Now we have a beautiful 42" 1080p flat screen, which is a HUGE upgrade from my hundred-pound 27" box TV that I bought off Craigslist a few years back. See the difference?



Ever since we bought this new TV, Jake has been saying that we should get a Blu-ray player so we can take advantage of the picture quality of our new TV when we watch movies. Not only that, but he wanted to get one that had built in wifi so that we could watch our "instant" Netflix and also stream Pandora radio and YouTube through the TV. Jake rarely ever says that he wants something so I took this idea and ran with it! I found a top of the line Samsung player with all the wifi capabilities at a ridiculously good price. I bought it, wrapped it, and {as I said in earlier posts} was so excited to see his reaction on Christmas day.

Well, it didn't quite go as planned. On Saturday morning I slept in a bit and when I woke up I noticed that Jake had already gotten up and gone downstairs. When I went down there, Jake was on the computer and immediately says to me... "Hey I found this really awesome deal and I think I'm going to get it". I looked on his screen and in his shopping cart was none other than his Christmas present. My perfect present for him. The one that was wrapped under the tree a few feet away.

Had I been fully awake or not been so caught off guard, I probably could have thought of something quickly and talked him out of buying it, saving the big Christmas surprise. But no, I was so upset, and being that I am not a great actress, the second I saw his computer screen I burst into tears and ran upstairs, yelling "You don't buy stuff for yourself 2 weeks before Christmas!!!" Poor Jake was left in the living room {head spinning I'm sure} wondering what had just happened. He felt horrible, knowing that he had just blown my big Christmas surprise for him.

After a minute, I gathered myself, came downstairs, and dramatically (of course) shoved the present in his lap and said "Open it... you already know what it is." I really wasn't that upset, I think it was just the shock that got me. So he opened it and he loved it just like I knew he would. In fact, it was the exact one he was wanting to buy himself. We ended up having a great time setting it up and playing with it. And Jake was so SO happy... so I was happy :)

So yes, Santa came early to the Pruitt household. But don't worry, Santa still has plenty of surprises wrapped under the tree for Christmas day...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha this makes me laugh. Seriously Jake and Tyler are too much alike. Everything you just wrote is something that would happen to us. I already told him that he's not allowed to buy anything else for himself until after Christmas. He's hoping for a blue ray player :) I enjoyed this post!

Lindsay said...

hahaha Thanks Al! They are totally alike! Men...

ps. Can't wait to see you sooo soon!

Post a Comment