How do you start your day?My mornings usually consist of me snoozing until the last possible second, getting ready in sort of an organized panic, throwing some food out for the dogs, grabbing random food items for my lunch, and rushing out the door hoping that I don't forget anything important.
My mornings are a ball of stress. And for what? A few minutes of extra sleep? That's pathetic. Today I tried something a little different...
I woke up 30 minutes earlier, wandered downstairs to the kitchen in my pajamas to a fresh pot of coffee {thanks hubby!}, found a cozy spot on the couch and flipped on the morning news. I relaxed, woke up slowly, and enjoyed being awake at this time of day {a totally new experience for the non-morning person that I am}. Then at the normal time I would usually fly out of bed to start my morning rush, I headed upstairs to get ready - calm, fully awake, and coffee-in-hand.
It's too soon to tell if starting my morning this way will make a difference to my overall day but I assume that it will. I would love to start doing this every day. Here's the problem though... and something you may not know about me... I always have sincere intentions but seriously lack long term follow-through. Seriously. This is a new realization I have come to about myself. Whether it's starting a new exercise plan or changing my career or planning a great party or finishing a scrapbook or scarf or you name it... I always lose motivation. It's sad too because, like I said, when I first start off I am genuinely excited and sincere in my intentions to follow through.
Maybe this new morning regimen will be different. It's too soon to say. My guess is that two weeks from now I will be back to hitting my snooze button harder than ever.
3 comments:
Haha...oh Lindsay! Good luck with your new morning routine, I hope you can stick with it ;)
When you mentioned you lacked the ability to follow through with different things, images of scarves I have never finished and hundreds of scrapbooking supplies danced in my head. I understand. :)
I am the same way! It seems to take me forever to finish a scrap book or scarf I start because of the lack of motivation. But hey we both keep up with blogging so that is a start :-). Good luck with your new morning routine!
Thanks guys! Glad to know I'm not alone :)
Post a Comment