Moving on...

- - - - Monday, December 28, 2009 - - - -

Christmas is over. Presents are unwrapped. Decorations are put away (minus the tree). Family is gone. Even the leftovers are almost gone. Regular non-holiday music is back on the air and I am back at work. It's always sad for me when Christmas is over, but it's time to move on. Which should be pretty easy seeing that I have some very exciting events on the horizon. One in particular... a trip to Nashville for New Years Eve!


I'm going to Nashville with one of my best friends, Allison, to ring in the new year! There's actually a story behind this trip that makes it very special and exciting.
You see, Allison {or Big Al as I usually call her} and I have been inseparable since we met in elementary school. All of our big life events growing up were experienced together. On the left is a picture of us from our college graduation party this past summer.

Ten years ago on the millennium New Years Eve {Remember the infamous Y2K hysteria anyone?} we made time capsules, set to be opened in the far off year of 2010. At the time, we were 12 years old and in 7th grade. We put everything that we loved at the time in time capsule boxes, including letters to our "future self" and mixed tapes (ha!). We both haven't peeked since we closed them ten years ago and honestly I have no idea what else could be inside. When we made them, we always said that no matter what we were doing in the year 2010, we would be together on New Years Eve and open those boxes.

Thursday night is NYE 2010. How in the world has a decade gone by since we made those boxes? Wow! Anyways, she is flying out to Mississippi on Wednesday {Thanks to her wonderful hubby who bought her a surprise ticket} and we will be together to open our very dusty time capsules.

Columbus, Mississippi is not the most exciting place to have a New Year's celebration so we decided to take a trip and Nashville seemed like the perfect place! We both have never been there and its only a 4 hour drive from Columbus. We'll drive in on New Years Eve Day, spend the day in Music City being camera-happy tourists, eat somewhere fun downtown, dance the night away, and then ring in the new year at the hotel by opening our time capsules. Perfect. Just thinking about this trip makes me giddy with excitement!

3 comments:

MJ said...

I was born in Nashville. ( :

You will have fun, it's a fun place!

aimee grover said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I just told my sister Promise, her husband Brian & Troy about your little time capsules! Can't wait for you to post what's inside!! Haha

Lindsay said...

haha Yeah Aimee, I'm almost scared to know whats in them! I'll definitely be blogging about it!

Post a Comment