Excitement.

- - - - Thursday, December 10, 2009 - - - -

Today is a new day and my grumpiness is long gone. I am back to my usual "glass half full" mindset. In fact my glass is overflowing today with excitement. Want to know why?


I am going on a cruise!!! Yes, in just a few short months, my best friend Tori and I will be tanning on the deck of a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Oh that sounds so wonderful right now in this winter weather. Since this is a public blog, I won't give any travel specifics until after we get back, but wow, I am beyond myself with excitement! Here's how it came about...

Tori and I usually only get to see eachother once a year, being that she lives in Colorado and I'm out here in Mississippi. However, as it is with most best friends, being apart doesn't seem to phase us and when we see eachother we are always closer than ever. Anyways, we were first trying to figure out if I should go to Colorado or if she should come here to Mississippi. When we started looking at tickets, we discovered that it was going to cost about $600 either way for one of us to visit.... and that was just for the flight! With the cost of food and entertainment {which for us usually means shopping} we were looking at a very expensive trip.

That's when we got the brilliant idea to not visit eachother but meet somewhere fun instead! We looked at several different locations and decided that a cruise was our best option. And as it turns out, we found a cruise trip that cost us a grand total of $500 each {including airfare, the cruise fare, all our food, and on-board entertainment} Now how could we pass up that deal?

We will spend half a week enjoying some much needed girl time - tanning by the pool, eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching great cruise shows, and dancing the night away.

So yes, yesterday was grumpy... but today is filled with anticipation and excitement!

4 comments:

Candice Parisi said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could afford to do even that. I want to go on a cruise with Dom some day but I have no idea what that would be like. You'll have to write all about it. :)

Jaclyn said...

What?!?!?!?! Are you serious?! Best idea ever!!!! How exciting!!

Patty said...

THAT IS WONDERFUL!

Lindsay said...

I know I am so excited! And Candy of course I will write ALL about it :)

Post a Comment