As I am getting ready to say so many goodbyes this week, I am kind of torn in two. One side of me can't imagine leaving my best friends. I had to do that already when I left Turlock 4 years ago and to do that again makes my heart hurt. Some of the best friends I will ever have are here, at Biola. Everyone seems to be sad too. It seems like everything I do lately is "the last time" I will do it. For example "my last class" or "my last fountain time" (sorry if that makes no sense...its a tradition with our friends to sit and talk for an hour by the fountain after chapels before we go to lunch). Its hard to think of leaving everything I know to go to a place I can barely even imagine. I mean, I've only ever lived in California and really do not know what to expect in Mississippi! My whole world as I know it is about to change.
But then there is this other side of me; the side that won't let me be sad because every time I start to get sad, this part of me overrides it. This is the side of extreme excitement! Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an independent person who actually really loves change. In fact, I get bored with things (places, etc.) after a pretty short time. God built me for my destiny as an Air Force wife. I can't imagine all the exciting things that are waiting for me after we move. I can't be sad because I am so ready for the next phase of my life. I'm ready to make new friends; not that there's anything wrong with my friends now because they are amazing but you can never have enough friends right? I have been preparing for this move for over a year now and am finding it hard to believe that everything is really going to change...on Tuesday!!
If I seem like I am not sad enough about leaving and moving on, its not because I am anxious to leave friends, family, and Biola, because I will miss this place more than I even realize right now. But I am so overwhelmed with the exciting future that lays before me that I cant waste time concentrating on being sad. I don't want to leave with sad "goodbyes" but with a happy "see ya again soon ok?" I mean with cell phones and facebook I think everyone will still know so much about my life.
So this is where I am at; trying to take in every "last time" that I am experiencing. But I can't hide my happiness and the joy of having a new home that is all about my new life with my new family (me, Jake, and our soon to be new puppy!).
Life is good. Change is good. Moving on is hard, but change is good! And I am ready...
2 comments:
Lindsay my dear! I am so excited you started a blog so that I can keep up with your life. I was thinking about doing this too after I got married but I didn't know if I would keep up with it. I expect you to though, cause this will by my life line into one of my favorite people's lives. :) I hope finals go smoothly for you.
-Candy
P.S. I can't wait to see the new puppy!!!
I would just like you to know that I COMPLETELY agree with you. Change is SO good. It is so exciting. I was really blessed by your blog because it validated a lot of how I feel about leaving. I think you are handling these transitions in the right way and God is giving you the strength and perspective to endure it. Every blog I read makes me so happy for you!! Well...this is only the second one I've read, but keep it up. They are wonderful and helpful!
~ Cristal
ps. What are you going to name the puppy?!?!
Post a Comment