I had a little bit of downtime this afternoon so I thought I would investigate this new place Jake and I are moving to. I've never been anywhere in the south and have always had this movie-themed, western kind of picture in my head of what Mississippi would be like. I kind of figured it would be a whole different world and that I would never relate. While some of that might be true, as I know I will be in culture shock without Nordstrom and Starbucks (hehe...), it actually looks like a very fun and beautiful place. The town and base have tons of activities and fun things to do. For a while I think it will kind of feel like camp...me filling my days with little activities and adventures, meeting new friends, and feeling a little out of my element. It seems like a lot of stuff that goes on in the city and on base is just my style!
I'm including some links that tell a little about where I'm going, if you are interested in checking it out. The first one is the city of Columbus' website: http://www.columbus-ms.org/ This gives miscellaneous pictures and info about the city around the base. Looks cute right? The second link will take you to the pdf file for the base events newsletter for November and December: http://www.cafbservices.com/Events/cal%20Nov%20Dec08.pdf There seems like so much fun stuff to do! I'm totally liking this whole air force wife thing :)
Maybe I am overly optimistic but like I said, I am SO excited and ready for this new adventure!
0 comments:
Post a Comment