New House + New Puppy = Hard Work

- - - - Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - - - -

Wow, yesterday and today have been very exciting and eventful. Let's see, yesterday we got our house in the morning and the movers came right before lunch. It still blows my mind that we have a 3 bedroom house. A house! And I'm also kind of amazed that we are able to furnish it all already. After we got all our belongings yesterday (thankfully with no missing boxes or big damages), we unpacked like crazy. I don't know what happened but by midnight we had unpacked almost everything. It was insane. We both completely passed out after that long day. I'm glad to say that I LOVE our house! The bathrooms, like I said, are pretty gross but we are trying to fix that. Everything else though is SO perfect! The kitchen is huge and has more than enough storage and we have the perfect setup in the living room and dining room. Jake has been so wonderful in dealing with my organizing and decorating obsession. To my surprise, he's allowed me to buy almost everything that I had wanted for our new house. We got a new TV stand and area rug and tons of little things here and there. To be honest, I'm very surprised that our house looks so nice. I spent all day today painting the living room area and wow what a difference that made! It looks great!

On to the more important subject of Bailey (our new puppy)... Turns out that the vet wanted her to stay an extra night to recover from all her shots and everything so we didn't get to pick her up on Monday. We were really bummed but it turned out to be nice because it gave us time to finish unpacking. We got to pick her up today instead. We were SO nervous going to get her and were pretty sure we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We picked her up to drive home and she was a serious bundle of energy! She was so excited and loved being in the car. Once we got her home, we had so much fun playing with her and were surprised at how much energy she had for how small she is. I mean she is only about the size of my 2 hands put together. We spent the rest of the day implementing our training techniques that we researched. Although she's only 7 weeks old she is SO smart and is already taking to the whole potty training routine. She had this cycle all day where she plays hard for 20 minutes then sleeps for 30 minutes to an hour. In between she eats and poops and thats about it. She is just the perfect addition to our family and home here. Honestly, she will probably be the most spoiled dog ever.

But Jake and I are just beyond exhausted, with the moving, organizing and painting not to mention the efforts of entertaining and training a puppy. I doubt, too, that we will get much sleep tonight with the little puppy in the house but it's all worth it. I'll write again tomorrow to talk about our plans for the holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment