The next 48 hours.

- - - - Sunday, December 14, 2008 - - - -

Less than 48 hours til the big move. Oh yeah, tomorrow is my last day of school (eek!) Jake has been in MS for a few days now and despite a few hilarious stories about the small town folk of Columbus, it has kind of been a disappointment for him. Personally, I think he just needs me out there. You see, Jake and I compliment each other wonderfully in that I am an extreme optimist and he is, well, a bit pessimistic. Although he has had some experiences that would make me upset too. For instance, the first guy he met at work was a complete jerk...not a great introduction and he said that the base is very dead right now and a lot smaller than we had anticipated.

I remain optimistic though! We do have our house (even though we can't move in for another week because they are cleaning). It's not much, its a duplex with an outdated kitchen and bathrooms, but I don't even care. It's ours and its a HOUSE! a three bedroom house at that! And I have faith that a good coat of paint can do wonders for any room in the house. I am excited to decorate and start cooking again!

Alright, now to focus on reality. Tomorrow I have finals...Luckily, most of tough ones were last week so I'm not worried. I'm more worried about getting everything done on campus that I need to and saying goodbye to everyone, being that its my last day in L.A. My wonderful girlfriends are throwing me a going away party tomorrow night after my last final! Yay! It will be a good (and hard) time to say goodbye to my best friends. I just can't believe I am basically done with college and am starting a totally new chapter of my life.

Ok so I know my blogs are totally redundant at this point but I promise once I get out to MS they will be about something else (haha). I'm sure I'll write again tomorrow...probably about the move again :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about how you and Jake compliment each other....Tyler and I compliment each other in the same way! Hope your party was fun! Yay for being done with college!!

Big Al

Post a Comment