Other than being a bit under the weather yesterday, I've had a really great week! I'm just really excited about life right now. My new career plans are the major reason, which I will write a separate post on, but I've also realized this week how many fun vacations and events that I have to look forward to in the next few months. Ready for a random blog of updates? I've even provided handy little sub-titles for those of you who only care to read certain parts of this long and random post.
Weekend plans: I'm very excited for this upcoming weekend and have lots of fun things to look forward to. Tomorrow night we are going over to a friends house for a big "End of UPT Phase 2" party with Jake's class! It will be the last time that we get to do something with everyone all together, as we will be losing some people to other training tracks after February 17th. It's sure to be a fun and crazy night! Saturday night Jake and I have a double date with some friends for dinner and then Sunday is the Superbowl! We'll be heading to a Superbowl party at our neighbors house and I know it will be such a great time. I plan to bring my camera along with me everywhere this weekend so hopefully I will have some fun picture memories to show you on Monday.
Caffeine-free: Remember when I told you two weeks ago that I was giving up caffeine? I bet lots of you thought it would be a genuine but failed attempt on my part; and who could blame you after my miserable attempt at a new morning routine a few months back... Well, I'm proud to say that I've been almost entirely caffeine-free for two weeks now; I say almost because I still allow myself a cup of coffee in the morning to get my day started off right. The first few days I did this, I had major caffeine headaches but now those are long gone and guess what? So are all those weird symptoms I was having! Woo-hoo! And it hasn't been difficult to give up caffeine because I haven't actually had to give up soda. I usually have one caffeine-free soda a day (mostly root beer or sprite) to satisfy my soda cravings. I am very pleased with this whole situation :)
Valentine visitors: In other exciting news... my parents are coming to visit one week from today!! Yay! See their beautiful picture on the right.. I'm so excited to show them where we've been living for the last year and what it's like out here in Mississippi. My mom and I are really close and I just can't wait to see her! We don't have any major plans yet but we will definitely do something fun for Valentine's Day. Other plans possibly include shopping, golfing, movies, bike rides, flight sims, and whatever else we can come up with.
Crusin' away: And the good times just keep on coming! Next month I'll be relaxing on a cruise with my best friend, Tori. Remember when we booked that back in December? I won't give any specific when/where details until after we get back (public blog) but let me tell you, it will be nothing short of AMAZING! I've got one month to tone-up, get my base tan, and prepare to set sail. Can I get a woo-hoo?!
Seattle, please: Lastly, my fingers are crossed for an Easter-time trip to Seattle to visit my sister. I've been wanting to go visit her for a long time now - ya know, to see her cute apartment, meet her friends, roommates, boyfriend... The problem is it's ridiculously expensive to fly all the way across the country, especially on Easter weekend. Right now I'm just constantly checking flight costs and waiting and wishing and hoping that I can make it work. I'll keep you posted!
Ok. Alright. Are we all updated? I think we are :)
Seattle, please: Lastly, my fingers are crossed for an Easter-time trip to Seattle to visit my sister. I've been wanting to go visit her for a long time now - ya know, to see her cute apartment, meet her friends, roommates, boyfriend... The problem is it's ridiculously expensive to fly all the way across the country, especially on Easter weekend. Right now I'm just constantly checking flight costs and waiting and wishing and hoping that I can make it work. I'll keep you posted!
Ok. Alright. Are we all updated? I think we are :)

2 comments:
Love your blog! I came upon it very randomly and was inspired to start blogging myself! It's such fun to take a peek at the joys and challenges of other people's lives!
http://thingstoberemembered.blogspot.com/
Yeay!!! congrats to Jake and you as well. That is awesome!
Post a Comment