I love caffeine. No surprise to those of you who know me. Actually, its not caffeine I love but the beverages that just so happen to have caffeine in them. I hate to admit this (and I know you will think I'm insane for this) but on an average day I will have 1-2 cups of coffee and 3-4 caffeinated sodas. I know. It's terrible. Please no lectures. It's not that I need the caffeine, because honestly I don't even notice the effects of it anymore, but its just that the taste of soda always sounds so much better than any other option. The picture to the right shows me at my family's Hawaiian timeshare happily holding my "free refill" soda cup. That week I had more sodas than I could ever begin count.After coming to this totally obvious realization about myself this afternoon, I decided to look up the effects of caffeine to see if I had found my culprit and *ding*ding*ding* we have a winner! My symptoms. described. to. a. T.
So, as I sit here drinking my 2nd coca-cola of the day, I have decided to give up caffeine for a month (starting after I finish this soda of course). Bummer. But honestly, I would trade a few cans of coke for my near daily panic attacks anytime. I am allowing myself one exception: I can have one cup of coffee each morning. I really do need a cup of coffee to get my day started off right, not to mention it will help a little with caffeine headaches that I am surely in for. After one month (on February 20th), I will re-evaluate my symptoms and see if caffeine was in fact the problem. Do you think I figured it out? Fingers crossed... Oh and here's a fun fact to end with... not buying soda for one month will save me $75 to $100 (at least!) I'd say that's a pretty good chunk of change! Wish me luck!
1 comments:
Besides the money, I think you're doing the right thing. They say one cup of coffee in the morning is fine. It's all the other that is bad. They say you should try it for 2-3 months to really know. It takes a long time to clean out your system. You could drink caffeine-free coke; it's not quite the same, but it might take care of the yummy fizzy taste you're craving. Good for you for trying to take care of the problem on your own. love ya, mom
Post a Comment