I thought we already decided this...

- - - - Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - - - -



Not to exhaust the subject or anything but here I go again with another track select post (If you're behind, you can read the first one here and the update here). Yesterday, Jake came home and told me he was not quite content with the decision he had made to put the T-44 track first. Oh goodness. I thought, well its too late now - we'll just have to see what happens. Turns out its not too late. Although Jake already turned in his dream sheet, he's apparently allowed to change his mind up until the week before track select (or something like that...) News to me! Well, now we're back to the decision that we've already made twice before; flipping and flopping, while all the time knowing that we really don't have much control over it anyways.

So what made him change his mind? Essentially, base locations. While we love the idea of moving away from Mississippi in a few weeks to beautiful Corpus Chrisi for six months, we sort of overlooked the long term locations for the C-130 aircraft. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice bases, but personally we more prefer almost all the locations for aircrafts coming out of the T-1 track (i.e., C-17, KC-10, KC-135). Also, if Jake were to fly C-130s it would be very rare for us to ever get stationed on or even near the west coast during his career. Never even having the chance to live close to my family again makes me want to cry. I know Jake feels the same... except probably without the crying part :)

I've always tried to not focus on location and just let Jake focus on his career - I figure if I can be happy here in middle-of-nowhere, Mississippi I can surely be happy just about anywhere. Needless to say, it surprised me when Jake said that he might care more about base locations then flying a specific aircraft. For this reason, plus a few other small factors, he is seriously re-thinking his decision to try and get T-44s at track select.

While location is definitely something to consider, we realize that there are pluses and minuses to both options. I'll update you all when he's made his new "final" decision, but for now I think its still undecided. As for me, I'm really not at all stressed about it and feel okay with either option. I mean whatever happens, happens, right? I'm just goin' with the flow...

3 comments:

Megan Yowell said...

You are so amazing to just go with the flow Linds! Jake is very lucky, and I'm trying to be more like that in life...it's hard but I'm getting less high strung LOL! Good luck with your choice :)

Angela said...

It's hard to try and decide the next 20 or so years of your life right now, but things tend to work out the way they are meant to. Remind Jake that even if he chooses to go T-1s, there's still a chance he could get a C-130 if that's the plane he really wants to fly. If he does well and makes it known that it's what he wants, his instructors would probably be willing to get one added to their drop at Track Select. Just keep going with the flow and you'll be okay! You're doing amazing so far!!

Margaret said...

God's going to take you somewhere incredible:) I'm glad you're going with the flow... It'll make it all much more exciting!

Post a Comment