Reality TV seems to be a hot topic... What's your opinion? Love it, hate it, or love-to-hate it? Personally, I think reality TV is great and I'm not ashamed to admit that I follow quite a lengthy list of shows (Thank you DVR!) Really though, reality TV is cheesy, dramatic, and oh-so-entertaining. Anyone with me? Keep reading to hear my thoughts on my three current favorites - American Idol, The Biggest Loser, and of course, The Bachelor. Oh and I also love Project Runway but its still a bit too early in the season for me to have formed strong opinions on it yet...
Ah, yes. American Idol - and of course when I think "American Idol" I automatically hear Ryan Seacrest saying it. Aaaamerican Idol. Oh I just love Ryan Seacrest. Anyways, this show is my trusty little friend that pops up like clockwork every year in January. And the best part by far? The audition process. You would think that by the 9th season they would run out of "crazies" to put on TV, but oh no, they just keep on coming and it is hilarious. This is one reality show that I can even get Jake to watch with me, well, for the audition part at least. I must admit though that I even tend to get bored with the show between Hollywood week and the top 12. But, like any good fan, I stick it out!Now let's talk about the judges for a second. Is anyone else bothered by the newer judge Kara? Oh my goodness, she really gets to me. Seriously. I've been known to fast-forward through much of her talking. She just has this "too cool for school" attitude that really bugs me. I know she's talented and qualified and yada-yada, but honestly, I'd rather have Paula any day! Now as for Ellen as a new judge? Only time will tell how I feel about that. I really like her and watch her talk show all the time so I'm thinking she will do a good job and at the very least bring some good comic relief to Simon's sometimes overly harsh, but always honest criticism. Simon is, of course, my favorite. And I have to say that if he does leave the show next season, as is the rumor right now, I'm not sure that I'll keep watching. Sad, but true. Moving on...
The Biggest Loser... This is actually one of the first seasons I've watched this show, or at least every episode, and wow I am hooked! It's a good show about people who just want to better their lives and I've been rooting for them every step of the way (From the couch, eating my ice cream sandwich - I know, I know...horrible).The first week, one person lost 23 pounds. 23 pounds! in one week! I didn't even think that was possible. And while the show is always motivating and encouraging, it is definitely not without drama. Does anyone who's watching the show agree with me that the red team is full of you-know-what and the green team just needs to get over it? On the other hand, I think the guys on the gray team are so nice and I think its so cute when the ladies on the pink team hold hands every time they walk to and from the scale. I can't wait to see the end results and see all their crazy-hard work finally pay off!
Alright, best for last. The Bachelor. This emotional, dramatic, and (dare-I -say?) sometimes scripted show is the guilty pleasure that gets me through my Monday blues. Every Monday night, Ann comes over and we spend two hours laughing at cheesy moments and "aww"ing at all the cute parts, while simultaneously gasping and yelling at the screen. And in my opinion, this is the best Bachelor season yet! Although maybe I'm a bit biased being that this season's bachelor is a good-looking pilot named Jake :) I just love that this show is so fun and easy to make fun of all at the same time. I'm not sure who Jake will pick to be his lucky co-pilot but I guarantee I'll be watching to find out!Oh and some news for all my fellow Bachelor lovers out there... I'm sure you all remember last year's "Jason picks Melissa but then dumps her for Molly on national TV" drama. Well, I just heard that Jason and Molly are actually getting married in March and it will be aired on ABC. Hmm. Interesting. I wonder if anyone will watch. I'm sure I will... but purely out of curiosity because I still think Jason is a jerk (ha!).
Okay, see, I told you, I am truly a reality TV junkie. Believe me now? I end up talking about these people as if I actually know them and then form opinions of them based on how the show pieces together their video clips. Oh goodness. Maybe I should start going to Reality TV Watchers Anonymous...

2 comments:
I'm with ya Linds! I am hooked and love it :) It's fun to look into other's lives. And yes, I TOTALLY agree about the red and green teams LOL!
Well, maybe this is all my fault. Maybe it's a hereditary thing. I'm addicted to all three shows. My choices for Jake are Allie, Gigi, or Fenley. I definitely rooting for the Gray team, and I can't wait to see how Ellen works with the team.
love, mom
Post a Comment