Book club.

- - - - Thursday, February 25, 2010 - - - -

Over the past year or two, I've discovered how much I love to read. I guess I've always known that I like to read, but when I was in school it was never very appealing to pick up a novel after hours of reading boring textbooks. Now it's become my weekend hobby of choice to pick up a girly novel and just read for hours. This past summer I found out that my good friend Ann also loves to read. Ever since we've been swapping our favorite books and talking about them together. We've been kind of like our own little book club and have mentioned numerous times how fun it would be to join a real book club someday...

Well, someday is here! Last week we discovered that there is a spouse's book club starting here on base! We both signed up for it and I am sooo excited. There are about ten other spouses involved so far and basically we just all read the same book each month and then meet at the end of the month to discuss our thoughts on it. The book for March is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I'm really happy about the book choice because it has been on my list of books to read for a while now. Has anyone read it? I'm hoping it's good! Here's the book jacket...

3 comments:

Candice Parisi said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous. I would love to join a book club with my friends. I have read My Sister's Keeper and I LOVED it. Her writing style isn't traditional and it was a fun way to go through a story. I hope you like it too. :)

Jamie Reed said...

That's so neat! I read My Sister's Keeper. It was a really sad book. If you've seen the movie, the book had a completely different and shocking ending, but it was so much better than the movie! Have fun!

Patty said...

How fun!!! I love reading as well but too bad there is no book club here on this base. Enjoy it!

Post a Comment