Thankful Thoughts #16

- - - - Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - - - -

I am so thankful for encouraging words. When my boss tells me I'm doing an awesome job on a project, it makes me feel confident and makes me want to work even harder. When my husband gives me a genuine "thank you" after doing something for him around the house, it makes me want to do everything for him. When someone says that they know I can do [insert challenge here], it helps me believe that I can too. Words are powerful and meaningful.

So encourage someone today. Show them that you care. Show them that you notice. Show them that you understand. It may seem small to you, but it might be just what they need to get through their day. I find myself constantly surrounded by encouraging words, and what a difference it makes! I am so thankful!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I was just thinking about this today. Leif told me that I looked really nice today and it meant the world to me. Words are very powerful and have so much meaning.

Thanks for the reminder to encourage someone!

Patty said...

I agree with you soo much. When I am encouraged I feel so inspired to do everything. It does make such a difference in life. There is so much power in words and what a perfect picture for this post hehe

Unknown said...

This was wonderful. Such a great request. I love seeing the glow in someone's eye when they feel appreciated or you tell them "thank-you." A lot of people don't EVER hear this. Not to sound sheltered, but where I work there are a lot of non-believers. You know how the atmosphere is-pretty harsh and everyone makes fun of each other. It's so crazy that their whole attitude can change with the most simple uplifting words.

Post a Comment