Home sweet home.

- - - - Saturday, February 6, 2010 - - - -

Saturday morning tends to be cleaning time here at the Pruitt house. We do a good job during the week keeping our house clean and tidy (we both hate clutter!) but once a week our house needs a good deep cleaning, mainly due to our two four-legged family members. We love our dogs and love having them in the house with us but I refuse to be the lady whose house smells like dog. Yuck! I'm so paranoid about this that I regularly wash the downstairs curtains, steam clean our fabric couch, and weekly vacuum/wipe down all the baseboards. Oh and Febreeze Pet Odor Eliminator is my best friend. No doggy odor here! I love love love having a fresh, clean house!

Changing the subject, how crazy is it that Jake and I have lived in three different houses in our short year and half of being married? I guess home really is where the Air Force sends us! First, we were in a small apartment in LA, then an old 50's style house here on base, and now we are in the beautiful new two-story home you see above. The Air Force has really been good to us. The other day I realized that I never put any pictures of our new house up on my blog. We have lived here for six months now and I have no excuse; so after cleaning this morning, I decided to take advantage of my tidy house and snap some pictures. Want a tour?

Welcome to the Pruitt Casa! 

Here is our living room and yes, it is a tad bare. Problem is, this house is HUGE compared to anything we have lived in or anything we plan to live in once we move and so as much as I have the desire to "fill it", I know its not the smart thing to do considering we would definitely have to downsize in six months. Although I am still hoping to buy a coffee table and an area rug to finish this room off :)


We have a very open layout! Here's a shot looking at the kitchen/hallway/entry way...

And here's the living/dining area...

The double doors above lead out to the porch. This is our favorite place to eat when the weather is nice. We love the screened porch. It saves us from all the nasty Mississippi bugs!

Here's our lovely dining area. The lighting in this part of the house is always so weird! Just doesn't do it justice...

Here's part of the kitchen. By the way, I LOVE my Kitchen Aid mixer :)

Completing the downstairs tour, here's a shot of the half-bathroom and laundry room.

Now let's go check out the upstairs. This is our master bedroom. The bedroom suite was handmade by Jake's dad for our wedding gift. The color of the wood is beautifiul and we love it!

Heading into the master bathroom...

Down the hall is our "work-in-progress" guest bedroom. We started with an empty room! I recently found this bedding on clearance for $10 (woo!); now I just need to find some curtains that match.

Oh and remember when I said I was refinishing a TV stand for the guest bedroom? Well here is the wonderful before and after. Much better!

Here's the full guest bathroom upstairs...

And here is Jake's office. Sadly, its not much of an office... it's basically a landing ground for all our old furniture. Someday we will buy a real desk :) Oh but do notice the lovely wall art that I scored at that thrift store a few months back...

Well, that brings our house tour to a close. What do you think? I'll update you as we continue to make improvements and settle in. But the time we get it looking just like we want it, I bet it will be time to move again. Oh the life of a military family...

1 comments:

Patty said...

Your house is absolutely beautiful :-) and I know what you mean. In the past 7 months we have been married we will have lived in three houses as well!! Crazy!!!

Post a Comment