Our first house.

- - - - Thursday, January 15, 2009 - - - -

Well I am finally posting pictures of the house and base. The house is pretty much done being set up. There are still some decorations I want to buy and more painting that I want to do but that will have to wait a few months until we have some extra money. For now, we are very happy with our little house and the setup. Alright here comes a lot of pictures. I will write a little caption above each one.

Here is the sign in front of the main gate entrance

Driving on the main street coming into base

On the flightline

This is our house! Its not really anything special but its great for a first house. Starting in the spring we have yardcare people that will take care of our lawn and trees and bushes. They don't come in the winter because it gets so cold that the grass is dead most of the time.

This is the entry way into the house. I still want to put a mirror or some decoration on the right wall to finish it off.

Here is the living room before and after:


Here is the kitchen before and after. We love everything about it except for our old stove.

Now down the hallway...

The first door on the left is the main bathroom. Its the one I wrote my "Paint Fiasco" blog about a while ago. I wish I had taken a "before" picture but here is what it looks like now.

At the end of the hall is the master bedroom (which is really the same size as the other bedrooms, but it has a small bathroom attached to it). Here is the before and after:

So anyways, that is our house, well, most of it anyways. We are very happy in it! Its so wierd what a difference it makes moving from an apartment to a house...its great! I will continue to post changes as the house improves and I can't wait to see how green everything is outside come spring. I plan to turn the walkway to our door into a nice garden! Well, that's all for now. Let me know what you all think of the house!

3 comments:

sarahjhendrickson said...

your house is so cute, Lindsay! I love it! And the bathroom looks good too! :)

Candice Parisi said...

My dear, your house looks amazing! You are just so good at what you do. Such a little decorator. :) I think that the bathroom looked adorable and turned out great. Congrats on the first big marriage purchase too. Dom and I are thinking that we might need to make that investment soon. Hope you're doing well. Miss you!

Amy Rae said...

Lindsay! I love the interior decorating! It looks so homey! I can't wait until I can see it in person!

Post a Comment