Friday was a lazy day and Jake and I just rented a movie and relaxed. Saturday was a lot of fun; we went with a group of about 8 people to Starkville, MS. Its a little college town where Mississippi State is located and is about a half hour away. We went out for pizza and went to the Miss. State vs. Vanderbilt basketball game. It was a ton of fun!
After the game, we went over to one of the couple's apartment and hung out for a while. It was nice to get out of Columbus for the night. Sunday we went to church and the went out lunch with some good friends of ours. Monday was our cleaning day. The house had somehow gotten so dirty without us realizing it so we did some major cleaning. That night I cooked a huge dinner and we had our neighbors over. It was so great!
The rest of my week has not been very exciting at all. My online classes have started so I surprisingly have quite a bit of school work. For those of you who don't know, I am taking 12 units online to finish my degree. I will transfer those into Biola in May and fly out to Biola to graduate at the end of May. It's so nice to almost be done with school! The classes are very challenging though and I find myself having low motivation after the last semester I had. I also started going to the fitness classes at the base gym this week and found out that they are really fun. They have all sorts of classes: dance, yoga, pilates, cardiokickboxing, aerobics, and on and on.. I did a core class today and I don't think I will be able to walk tomorrow. It's a good pain though because I am getting in shape!
Basically my typical day is not super exciting. I usually sleep in until about 9, take the dog on walks, work on my classes, go to the gym, clean, cook lunch and dinner, talk to the neighbors, knit, scrapbook, watch tv, and anything else I can do to fill my time. It sounds great right? I mean it is but it is already starting to get old. I don't get much interaction with people or have any big challenges during the day which is something I really need. I know I should just enjoy this period of my life, seeing as how I may never get this much free time again, but I am itching to find a job or something new to do. Jake and I are definitely still adjusting and I think we will be for a while still. He is doing good at taking care of me though and makes me laugh when I get lonely or homesick.
I am very excited for this weekend though! Tori comes out to visit on Saturday! We probably won't do much but it doesn't matter because we have so much catching up to do. Tori is my best friend and when we get together we can talk for hours. I haven't seen her since the wedding and am beyond excited!
Hopefully I will get back to my normal blog posting schedule again. Hope everyone had a great week!

1 comments:
Hi honey,
I finally caught up on all your blogs. You are amazing...the way you've shared the beginning of marriage; the struggles and the joys, ...the way you've motivated yourself to finish these last 12 boring college units,.... the way you've kept up on physical health by going to the gym and exercising,.. the way you've kept everyone up to date with your blogs and pictures,...and most of all the way you rely on God.
I'm truly blessed to have you as my daughter. Thank you, love mama
P.S. I miss you more!
Post a Comment