Jake has been doing pretty good. He is just so anxious to get up in a plane! I'm sure it doesn't help that all day long we hear planes flying around. As for me, I have been keeping busy with my schoolwork. Online classes are so hard for me to keep motivated. I find myself doing the work at the very last minute, which is not like me at all. All I keep thinking is how I can't wait to get a job and start a career. I realize though that when that happens I will wish I was back doing schoolwork. Funny how life works like that.
I've been doing much better with not being so homesick this past week. I think it helps that we have been really busy and have been meeting even more people. It was really weird for me though when all my friends started their new semester at Biola and I wasn't there. I definitely don't miss the hectic schedule, boring and long classes, and loads of homework but I do miss the social life a whole lot. I can't wait to go back in May for graduation and see everyone again!
This past weekend was a lot of fun. It started with me re-doing the bathroom (HA!) I know I said I would deal with it but I just couldn't handle it any longer. I spent 2 days putting primer on it and a new coat of lovely light tan paint. It looks so good! I am so happy with it! I know it seems funny for me to be so excited but it really was bad before and now its perfect. On Friday night Jake took me out to dinner to this really nice grill place. It was fun to get dressed up and go out and do something. Saturday was a beautiful day here in Columbus and it was actually pretty warm. Jake and I had a lot of fun relaxing and taking the dog for a long walk together. We also drove into Starkville and bought Jake a roadbike that he really wanted. We meant to get it months ago but things got too busy. He was really excited to finally get a bike and even rides it work now. That night I made a big dinner and we had a friend over. Afterwards, my friend Angela invited us over to her house to hang out. There was a group of people and we just hung out and laughed a lot and even sang some karaoke. It was hilarious watching Jake and the other guys sing as a group! Sunday morning we made it to Bible Study before church for the first time. It was great! There was about 25 people there and all were from the base. There were a few other wives there that were so nice and I definitely related to. The class was more of a discussion style class and Jake and I both really enjoyed it. After church, we enjoyed a wonderful Sunday afternoon nap and relaxed until the superbowl. One of our neighbors was having a party so we went over there and had a great time and ate way too much (of course!).
This week looks like it will be fun and busy too. I've been trying to take advantage of the awesome fitness classes on base and aim to go to at least 3 a week. I've also decided to try at least 2 new cooking recipes a week to improve my cooking skills. This week my new ones are parmesan chicken and a pot roast (with my new crock-pot). I'm trying the chicken tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment