Great weekend, bad monday.

- - - - Monday, February 9, 2009 - - - -

This weekend was awesome. First off, the weather changed from being 20 degrees to 70! We've had such great weather, like California winters except with bugs and humidity (ha!). Friday we went out to Mexican food with some people and had a fun night out. Saturday was probably the most fun I have had since being out here in Mississippi. We went with about 10 other people out to the house of our bible study leaders for the day. They are a couple who have lived in the same town their whole lives and live on this HUGE property that has been in the family for generations. They are such awesome people and it is clear that they have a gift for relating to young adults. Their sons were there too and they are about our age. We spent the whole day enjoying the outdoors. We shot guns, shot bows and arrows, had ridiculously funny competitions, played board games, watched the Office and ate lots of food. It was so much fun and it felt like I was on vacation with a big family. Oh I forgot that we went armadillo hunting. Yes, I am a true Mississippi girl now who has shot a gun and gone hunting. I kind of got talked into the hunting and was VERY relieved when we never actually saw any armadillos :) I have a feeling that we will be out at their house a lot over the next few years as it really felt like a home away from home. Bailey loved it out there too and thought she was a farm dog for a day. Anyways, it was a wonderful day that I will always remember. Sunay was good too: Bible study, out with everyone after church to Chinese food, cleaning, relaxing, enjoying the good weather, etc.

Today was not the greatest day for me though. Not that everything was bad but one thing was enough. I think I mentioned before how Jake and I were going to be leaving for Valentine's Day weekend and going out of town. We were going to take Bailey to the kennel and do something special. Well I called to set up the kennel stay today and it turns out that Bailey is one month too young to be put in a kennel. We also can't leave her with friends because it is Valentine's Day weekend and she is a handful as it is. Anyways, we ended up having to cancel our reservations and will be staying in town for the weekend. I have been really bummed and upset all day because I had been looking forward to this for a while and really wanted to get out of Columbus for a weekend and make our first Valentine's Day really special. I'm sure we'll find something to do but it definitely bummed me out. Then I got mad when my shows got cancelled tonight because of Obama talking (which did not really interest me). I know that is kind of silly but it was just icing on the cake.

So the weekend was great...today was not the best...but tomorrow is a new day and I bet it will be a good one :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,
I just love your blogs. Since our phone calls are limited, I just hearing about your day...it warms my heart! So many of my friends and yours ask about you, it's nice to have such details about what's going on. Keep it up..I'm really proud of all your doing, and all the changes you've had to adjust to in your life. Keep God first, and you can do anything.

Love ya, mama

Anonymous said...

I hope you got pictures because I would love to see you hunt!! lol I am also relieved to hear that you didn't actually find an armadillo. I hope you have a great week. Love you!

Big Al

Post a Comment