Jake and I worked on our budget and getting everything in line for school payments, bills, savings, investments, etc. I am officially back to my "allowance" of $20 a week (haha!). For those of you who don't know, let me explain this "allowance". I love to go out to eat, go to coffee, and buy random things just because I feel like it. Unfortunately these little bits of spending start to add up after a while. When we got married I asked Jake to hold me to a limit to what I could spend every week and came up with $20. This doesn't include the obvious things like groceries or necessities, and when Jake and I go out together for dinner or with a group it doesn't come out of that. However, things for scrapbooking or decorating the house DO come out of that so my $20 is going fast! It works out though because I am getting like one small thing every week for the house. It would be smart of me to save that money to build up enough to buy a new pair of jeans or a shirt or something but I'm not that great at doing that. This is a learning process for me and helps me to choose wisely about what to spend that money on. Put it this way, I haven't gotten fast food this week because I wanted to get scrapbooking stuff. I guess its best in the end but its just another thing to get used to now that I'm married.
Jake and I also decided that we are going to go away somewhere for Valentine's Day. We haven't had the opportunity to travel much since we've been in the South and there is so much to see! We are leaving Bailey at the kennel for the weekend and going to relax. Jake is planning the whole thing and somehow it has turned into a big surprise. I have no idea where we are going or what we are doing but Jake is very excited. I am too!
As I mentioned earlier, I am trying new recipes every week. First I tried Parmesean chicken and it was SO yummy! It might be one of my new favorite dishes to make. It's easy and tastes like you spent hours on it. I always invite our neighbors over whenever I try making a new dish. There is just way to much food in the recipe for Jake and I to eat alone. Plus, they are 2 single guys in pilot training and they basically only eat frozen food so its good for them to have some home cooking. Last night I tried making a pot roast. My mom gave me her recipe and some detailed instructions. It was pretty easy to make but there were lots of ingredients and lots of clean up. It tasted great though and we have some good leftovers!
Now its the weekend and it looks promising. Tonight some friends invited us to go out to dinner with a group of people and then just go hang out at their house. We may also be going to a shooting range with our neighbors. That would be a lot of fun because I have never shot a gun before! Sunday is bible study and church and the beginning of a fresh new week. I hope everyone is doing great. I miss you all SO much! Talk to you soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment