Weekend in the sun.

- - - - Monday, February 22, 2010 - - - -

Wow, where did the time go? The weekend flew by like always. I apologize for my lack of blogging over the past few days... I've been in total design mode working on my friend's blog (which will hopefully be launched this week, so stay tuned for all that excitement). But anyways, did you all have a good weekend? Mine was just wonderful. The weather here was beyond amazing! It was only about 60° but that felt extremely warm compared to the 20° weather I've gotten used to here this winter. In fact Saturday, I wore shorts and a t-shirt and it was perfect! It's amazing how your body starts to adjust to living in different temperatures, because in Los Angeles, 60° weather would have had me bundled up in a sweatshirt!

Jake and I loved the warm weather all weekend and spent lots of time outside going on walks, washing the car, bike rides, etc. On Saturday, we decided to take the dogs to Sac Lake, which is a small lake on base surrounded by lots of walking trails. It was so fun! I basked in the sun on a picnic table while my cute little pups ran and ran and ran; and whenever they would get warm they'd both jump into the lake and play. It was so funny to watch! Unfortunately I forgot my camera that day. I wish I could show you how Bailey covered herself in mud til she was just about black or how Badger hopped through the lake like a little bunny rabbit (Needless to say they both got baths the second when we got home). I'm sure we'll be going back there a lot this spring, so next time I'll try to catch some moments on film for you. For now, here is a picture of us at Sac Lake in November when we took the dogs out there for Christmas pictures. I just love these moments with my little family ♥

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I love this picture:) You all look so happy and content. I'm glad you had a good weekend!

Patty said...

I know what you mean about the weather. It is 30 degrees out here or below and I have been just fine wearing my jacket. Usually I would be shivering and too cold.

Post a Comment