I love Valentine's Day. It's just a fun day to love on your significant other simply because you can. In the many years Jake and I have celebrated this love holiday together, we've never done anything too fancy or over the top. I figure sometime in the future we'll use the occasion as an excuse for a fun getaway or something but this year we stuck with our usual, dinner and a movie, and it was great.
As I mentioned before, my parents came to visit this weekend, so we made it a double date! The photo above is the four of us at Old Venice for dinner, which is this amazingly yummy Italian place in Starkville, and then after dinner we headed over to the movie theater. Any guesses on what we saw? You're thinking chick flick right? Wrong. The guys won on the movie choice this time and we ended up seeing Mel Gibson's new movie "Edge of Darkness". It was actually a pretty good movie but definitely not my first choice for Valentine's Day. It's okay though because after we got home we balanced it out by watching an hour of Olympic figure skating :) I also got an amazing present from my sweet hubby, but more on that later...
Here's Jake and I at the movies (Fyi, my mom thinks its so funny that Jake and I are always on our iPhones so that's what the second picture is about).
So yes, Valentine's Day 2010 was a success and the whole weekend with my parents was a ton of fun.
On Thursday night, we picked them up at the airport, went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner, and gave them a quick tour of Columbus and the base. I had to go to work on Friday so Jake planned some fun things for my parents to do, like getting to fly one of the big flight simulators. Here's Ken practicing on the model simulator before going in to fly the real one...
And here he is with the T-6 model...

They had a great time and I ended up getting home from work right at the same time they got back from the sim. The sun decided to come out that afternoon so my mom and I took the dogs for a nice long walk and got to catch up on some girl talk. Oh and by the way that 80% chance of snow I mentioned earlier turned out to be nothing exciting at all... just a few small flakes that melted as soon as they hit the ground.
Friday night we enjoyed dinner out at Applebees and then cam back home to watch the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics! Here's a funny moment caught on camera: Bailey was creepin' in on my mom who was eating an ice cream sandwich... The second picture is priceless!
Saturday, we slept in and then headed out to Tupelo for a day of shopping fun! Seriously, shopping might just be what my mom and I do best :) On the way home, we snapped a picture of one of my favorite signs in Mississippi. It's a sign for a place that sells mobile homes...
Saturday night, we barbecued, relaxed, and rented a movie and then Sunday we went to church, had lunch, and then headed off for our fun Valentine's double date. This morning I had to go back to work and my parents had to go back to California, but before saying goodbye we went out to a wonderful southern-style breakfast together. It was so nice to have my family here and show them around the place I now call home.
And Valentine's weekend might be over but the fun has only just begun. Tomorrow Jake's brother, Caleb, arrives from Portland for a week and Wednesday is Jake's track select!!








1 comments:
Sounds like a GREAT weekend :) What did he get you???
Post a Comment