As you know from my last post, our weekend did not exactly go as planned - at least not for Jake. He did end up having to rent a car and drive home from Ft. Rucker, staying overnight in Montgomery on Friday, and missing his trip to Florida entirely. He got back to Columbus early Saturday afternoon and was definitely bummed about how wrong his weekend had gone. I'm really proud of him though for making the best of a bad weekend and going out with a friend in Columbus on Saturday night. He got over the situation a lot faster than I would have if it were me!
When I found out that Jake was coming home early, I figured I would end up canceling a lot of the girl time I had planned for the weekend so I could be home with Jake; but being the wonderful husband that he is, he saw no point in both of our weekend plans being ruined and wanted me to go have some fun. And so I did. And for me, it was one of the best weekends I've had here in Columbus. It made me realize just how close I am with the girls here.
Friday night's dinner with Patty was a great start to the weekend and definitely pulled me out of the bad mood I had fallen into on Friday. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Mi Hacienda, and talked and talked and talked, and then planned my trip to visit her in Germany :) I'm so excited for all the things she gets to see and experience during her next few years overseas.
Saturday was round two of girls night! Ann and I drove to Starkville and went to a yummy, fancy place to eat called Old Venice, before going to see the chick flick Leap Year. Its crazy to think I've only known Ann for less than a year because I feel like I've known her forever and we can talk about anything and laugh together about everything! Its so great to have a friend like that here.
And what's better than having one friend like that here? ...having two! Allison was one of the first friends I made here in Columbus and between being neighbors and having our husbands in the same class, we've become really good friends. I seriously think we could have a good time in just about any situation. We're both not-so-secretly hoping that our husbands will get assigned the same plane out of UPT :) Yesterday, Allison and I went to Tuscaloosa for a fun shopping day (Hey, we actually managed to snap a picture of our little adventure, on the left) and then we ended the day back in Columbus with a glass of wine and our weekly watching of Desperate Housewives. All-in-all, I had a really great weekend and realized yet again that I'm so thankful for my friends here. Mississippi would be so lonely without them!

1 comments:
so glad you didn't have to cancel the girls weekend and that Jake is okay!
Post a Comment