My parents are flying to Mississippi today and I am sooo excited! Jake and I have lived here for well over a year now and this is the first chance they've had to make it out for a visit. My mom has heard countless stories and seen tons of pictures but nothing compares to seeing everything firsthand. As I mentioned before, we don't really have any plans yet except for a dinner/movie date night on Sunday for Valentine's Day, but I know that whatever we do, we will have a great time.
I also have a feeling that at some point this weekend the guys and girls will separate to go do their own thing. This always happens when we take a trip with my parents. You see, my mom and I are very similar in that we love doing all the things girly, like getting our nails done and shopping, shopping, shopping, while Jake and my stepdad, Ken, are also two peas-in-a-pod and enjoy anything to having to do with planes, electronics, bike riding, golfing, etc. It works out perfect then for us to pair up and go off to do our own girl or guy stuff :)
Example. Two years ago, my mom and Ken came down to visit us at college in Los Angeles. While we were there, my mom and I had an awesome girl's day shopping for my wedding dress! We didn't end up finding "the" dress that day but had a great time. Here's a snapshot... (Yes, my hair was much darker then and that is my natural color by the way)
Like usual, the guys decided they would do their own thing that day, obviously not wanting to spend the entire day shopping. Like they were invited anyway... I can't remember exactly what they did (golfing maybe?) but when we came back to the hotel room, this is what we saw...
...two exhausted, sleeping men (Haha!) Guess they had a good time too! The point of this story is that we always have a great time when they're around and I'm so excited to see what's in store for this weekend. Apparently there is an 80% chance of snow showers tomorrow so that should make things interesting! Anyways, I might miss a few days of blogging during their visit but I promise I'll have some good pictures and stories to show for it. Hope you all have an amazing weekend!


1 comments:
how exciting!! i hope you guys have a great time :-)
Post a Comment