Saturday night, Jake and I went with our friends Derek and Ann to the Officer's Club here on base for a dinner event. The party was decorated all Valentine-like and the food was yummy and delicious. We had a great time! At the end of the meal, they began picking volunteers for a "Newlywed Game", where 5 couples would come up front and compete for a prize, seeing who knows their significant other best. Although, they ended up calling it the "not-so-newlywed game" because none of the players were really newlyweds (ha!). The four of us volunteered to play and rushed up front, putting our game faces on and managing to squeeze in 30 seconds of "Wait, what's your favorite (color, food, hobby...)?" It's funny that we've been together for almost 5 years and know each other so well, yet can't seem to remember eachothers basic likes and dislikes. It's also pretty humorous how competitive Jake and I can get, especially when we're on the same team. I'm already a bit scared for our future children who are sure to inherit both of our competitive, type-A, slightly OCD personalites. I should mention that Jake's UPT call-sign is CDO (pronouned see-doo by the guys) - Its OCD in alphabetical order... haha...
Anyways, the game was hilarious and entertaining and ended up causing some really funny debates between couples who wrote down different answers, including us! For those of you who aren't familiar with the game, they send the girls out of the room, ask the guys questions and have them write the answers down on their whiteboard. When the girls come back in, the ask them the same questions and have the girls write down their answers. If the writing matches, you get a point. Then they switch the roles and do it again.
Here are some examples of the questions the guys were asked: What's your wife's shoe size? What perfume does your wife wear? What is your mother-in-law's middle name? What was the address of the first house you lived at together? And so on and so forth. The wives were asked questions like: If your husband were a car, what would he be? If he could live anywhere, where would that be? Did he kiss you first or did you kiss him? What story does your husband like to tell over and over? How many "future children" did you decide you wanted to have before you got married? You get the picture...
After 20 questions, two couples were tied for the lead... and (oh yeah!) we were one of them, having only missed 4 questions. Some of the questions that we answered exactly the same blew my mind. I think we got really lucky. Like when asked "where he would live?" we both wrote "In the northwest, Oregon/Washington" Word for word, even the slash mark. And when Jake was asked about my perfume, and I thought he had no clue, he wrote "Marc Jacobs Lola"! How in the world did he remember that? Amazing. What can I say, we dominated.
Then we won the entire game with the simplest question ever! "Where do we plan to go for our next vacation together?" Europe!! So yes, we won the silly game and we had such a great time making complete fools of ourselves in front of everyone (I do not deny that there were many air high-fives thrown across the room to each other). The prize was a complete shocker too. We got an Applebees gift card, 4 movie tickets, and a movie-themed basket full of popcorn, movie candy, etc. Jake and I agreed that this gives us the perfect excuse to have another fun date night with Ann and Derek. Free dinner and movie with friends? Sounds good to me!
All in all, this weekend was a blast! Keep reading to see some more pictures I took at the "End of Phase 2" party on Friday and the Superbowl celebration on Sunday.
The guys playing Rock Band (like always). Not sure who gave Jake the mic, but it was VERY entertaining!
Three of the 10-13 wives: Becky, Me, and Allison
This picture of Jake's friends is hilarious! I think this was from their poker game in the garage.
On Sunday we went to a Superbowl party and Katie and Kevin's house across the street. Here's a picture of me below with three of my good friends here on base (sorry the picture turned out so bright and weird...) What an awesome weekend we had!!







2 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend!! Congrats on winning the game. It sounded like a lot of fun!
I literaly "laughed out loud" about a lot of this :-D Temo and I SO would have been the same way....too competitive!!! I LOVE to CDO :)
Post a Comment