Happy Turkey Day!

- - - - Monday, November 30, 2009 - - - -

I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and was able to spend time with family and eat way too much :) I had the most amazing time in California, as you can see from my lack of blogging! Every day of my short trip was jam packed with family, friends, and lots of good memories.

Tuesday when I arrived my mom picked me up at the airport in San Fransisco and, of course, we got some Starbucks and headed out shopping. Oh how I have missed you Nordies! Great way to start the trip!

That night I got together with my best girl friends for some much needed catch up time. I wish that every time I moved I could take them all with me.

Wednesday I had a coffee date with Becca (& baby Audrie) and a lunch date with Cass. I spent hours talking with them, catching up on life and remembering good times.

Here is a photo comparison of the last time I saw Audrie versus now. It's amazing how much a baby can change in just a few months. Definitely one of the worst parts of living so far away from your best friends...


Wednesday night was Thanksgiving at my moms house and relaxing time with the family. That night I went and saw New Moon for the 2nd time with my sister (I know, I know...but it's so good!).

Thursday was the official Turkey day and it started off as usual with the family watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, eating Kenny's yummy coffee cake and drinking coffee. After that, we were off to grandmas for the big Thanksgiving festivities. It was the first time in a LONG time that our whole family has been able to be together for Thanksgiving and it was a day I'll always remember. One of my favorite parts (although I only watched from the sidelines) was the family football game. Papa scored 2 touchdowns and got voted MVP!


...And I got to finally meet sweet baby Jackson...


Dinner was amazing as always and the post-dinner nap has never felt better. Afterwards, we enjoyed Grandma's coffee and shopped through the Black Friday ads. Wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my family!


Friday morning we {mom, sister, and myself} were up at the crack of dawn to get the Black Friday deals. And boy were we successful! ...maybe a little bit too successful ;) We were even able to find a steal for my dad's new laptop... the best buy of the day for sure!! Hope you are loving it dad!

That night, for old times sake, Allison and I headed downtown with Stephanie and Cheyenne for the Annual Turlock Christmas Tree Lighting. Sadly the rain seemed to scare most people away, but we went anyways and had a lot of fun!


I even found Jaclyn these tacky awesome school teacher earrings at an antique store...ha! Perfect for a soon-to-be kindergarten teacher.


Saturday morning I headed back to Mississippi feeling very happy and thankful for my short yet exciting trip. I got to the airport early so I found a cozy booth and relaxed with a vanilla latte and a good girly book. Perfect way to end the week!


And now...it's officially Christmas time :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you!! :)

Post a Comment