I love weekends.

- - - - Sunday, November 15, 2009 - - - -

This weekend was a lot of fun and, like always, it flew right by. Yesterday I enjoyed sleeping in and then got the extra special treat of getting my hair done. My hair was very grown out and the color was getting a little dark for my liking. Surprisingly, my natural color was coming in a very light red brown. I feel much better now that I am nice and blonde again :)

Last night Jake and I ate in and enjoyed a movie and some time with our wonderful puppies. I organized and sorted through all of our new Christmas decorations and even started a few holiday crafts {I will post a blog on those soon...} Jake has not been feeling very well this weekend so it was nice to stay in and relax.

Toady was great too! At church this morning we heard a powerful testimony that really touched me and made me realize how blessed I am. I am so thankful for my family and friends and all the little blessings God has chosen to give me. After church, we went out to the lake here on base to take our family Christmas pictures {Jake& I, Bailey & Badge}. My neighbor and good friend Molly was nice enough to take the pictures for us and be patient while we tried to get a good shot with both of the dogs...not an easy task! But it was beautiful weather and the pictures turned out great! Thanks Molly!

I really wanted some pictures of our family in this phase of our life {Us in Mississippi, Jake in his flight suit, and our two babies}. Of course the main reason we took the pictures is to use them for our Christmas cards. I have designed our cards on my own this year and am excited to add the pictures so we can send them off to the printer. If all goes well, we will send them out to family and friends during the first week or two of December. Here is a picture that we liked but didn't make the cut for the Christmas card... for the rest of the pictures, you'll just have to wait and see!!


1 comments:

Patty said...

the pictures look great! i can't wait to see the real ones :-)

Post a Comment