I am so thankful for the Internet and how it helps me stay connected.
I am not a phone person at all so the internet is my solution to keeping in touch. The Internet is practical. I can update my blog daily {which I do} and everyone can stay up to date on my life without me telling the same story to multiple people. Then when we do talk on the phone or in person, we can skip most of the long catching up part and get straight to good conversation. Video chat is also something that amazes me and makes me so happy since I am so far away from my family.
I love getting emails. I love getting blog comments. It makes me so happy to know that someone took the time to think of me and write to me. It makes my day to know that someone cares enough about me to read my blog. And I love reading other people's blogs {as you can see from my excessive blog list on the right}. Every morning while I sip on my coffee I check my blogroll to see what new and exciting things are going on the lives of my family and friends. I also love facebook. I have stayed connected and reconnected with so many people from high school, college, distant family, church, and even people from my childhood daycare! There is no way I would still have contact with all these people without facebook. People of all ages now have facebook and I think that if you don't have one, you should get one. And you should be my "friend". The Internet gives me no excuse to lose touch with friends or family even if we have to move to Timbuktu and for that I am so thankful!
2 comments:
I am like you:) I'm not a phone person. I love the internet! I love being able to stay connected. I am so thankful for things like blogs and facebook. It makes keeping up with friends and family easier. I love it!
I just got back from the retreat so I'm sitting here to catch up on your blog posts! So happy for your blog. I look forward to reading them. I absolutely love it. Practical way to keep updated. I love it
Post a Comment