Today was career day here at Columbus AFB. I'm not quite back to feeling 100% but I really didn't want to miss this event. Twice a year, pilots from all over the country fly their aircrafts to base and let the student pilots and their families walk through them and ask questions (about the different missions, deployments, bases, etc).
At the end of pilot training, the students fill out a "dream sheet" and rank the specific aircrafts and bases that they want. Career day helps them get a first hand look at some possible choices. The picture above is us standing inside the back of a C-17, which is a huge cargo aircraft. It was my favorite plane today! Here is picture of my friend Allison and I with the C-17 in the background...
Jake has taught me a lot about different kinds of planes but it was really neat to see them firsthand and check out the cockpits. I can't imagine flying these planes!
One of the C-130 pilots asked me if I wanted to try on a parachute pack and WOW those things are heavy! It caught me off guard...
Here are some pictures of planes I thought were cool...
C-130 & C-17 (Cargo)
F-16 (Fighter)
KC-135 (Tanker)
We had a lot of fun today as you can see. I learned a lot and am so excited to see what kind of plane Jake will get to fly for his career!
0 comments:
Post a Comment