Yesterday did not go as I had planned. I planned to go to work, go home and see the pups, go to the gym, eat dinner with my hubby, and then go to Bible study. It's amazing how quickly a good day can turn bad...
I decided that it was probably just nothing and that it would go away in a few minutes. But a few minutes later I was still not feeling well at all so I went to tell my boss that I needed to go home and lay down. As soon as I started talking to her my body went crazy. I started hyperventilating and my whole body began violently shaking. My body turned white while my face was as red as a tomato. I was having a hard time speaking and my legs were shaking too bad to walk so my coworkers helped me to the car to be driven to the nearest E.R.
Things got worse once I got there. I was fighting for air so hard and in such a panic that my body started to react even more. At that point, my legs had gone completely numb; they were still shaking but I could not feel them or move them. I was freaking out to say the least.
The nurses gave me some meds to calm my anxiety, which I'm sure was the main reason for the shaking and numbness, and the meds helped a lot. The shaking and chills stopped after about an hour. The breathing troubles never went away though and at one point I passed out because I was so dizzy. It was helpful though that the docs kept telling me "You are going to be fine, just focus on breathing slow and deep."
They ran a ton of tests on me and after 3 hours in the E.R. I was told that the tests showed us nothing and that I should go home, get some rest, drink fluids, and make an appointment with my regular doctor. The E.R. doctor thought that it probably has something to do with my heart and specific tests would have to be done.
I have set up an appointment with my doctor on base for tomorrow morning to see what we can figure out. If she agrees that my heart needs to be checked then she may have to refer me to a cardiologist.
The breathing problems got a little bit better last night and I thought that maybe it was just some random episode that had occurred but today everything seems to be back in full swing. It's as if a fat man is sitting on my chest not allowing any air to get into my lungs and the pressure doesn't stop after just a minute it just stays. I am constantly dizzy and on the verge of another panic attack. I am trying to remain calm and am focusing on my breathing so that I don't end up back in the E.R.
Why is this happening to me? I am heathly, young, and excercise regularly. I am not under a lot of pressure at work and am nowhere near stressed in general. I haven't even been sick since last March. This is just ridiculous.
Please pray for me that this will get better and that tomorrow the doctor will be able to figure out whats wrong so I can be sure it won't happen again.

5 comments:
Linds...I know everything will be okay..but this post still scares me. Please rest, and I know everyone is praying...update us! Love you
I'm praying for you! I'm a bit worried now that I've read this:( I hope you're resting and feeling better!
I am praying!
this is horrible! i hope it gets better and that they figure out what is wrong!! praying for you and feel better
So sorry you are going thought this, God is with you and we're praying for your healing. Love you sweetheart.
Post a Comment