My heart seems to be just fine! To find this out though I had to endure the longest, weirdest doctor appointment ever... After my initial exam and EKG with the cardiologist, he said that he was pretty sure my heart was just fine but thought it would be a good idea to run some tests just in the small chance that something was wrong. He said based on my symptoms there were several things that were possible (less than 10% chance) but not probable and that I shouldn't worry.
First I had my blood drawn again, for what feels like the hundredth time this week. I'm not even sure what he was checking for this time. Then he had me go down to radiology to get an ultrasound...on my legs! Weird right? It looked like the exact same set up as I've seen in movies where women go to get a baby ultrasound except they put the goopy gel on my legs and scanned them. The reason they did this was to check for blood clots in my legs. Again, not probable but possible and if so, very serious. That came out all clear...whew! I forgot to mention that in between these tests was hours of sitting and waiting. For some reason last night was a very popular night to go to the doctor. By the time I was done with the leg ultrasound, the lab was closing so they said I would have to come back in the morning for my last test. I was bummed to have to take more time off work but really just want to get these tests over with and get on with my life.
This morning I went back in for a heart ultrasound/ echo cardiogram. Again...so weird! It was crazy to see my heart up on the monitor and see all the valves working. I've never seen anything like it! It took a long time but she checked my heart at every angle. She mentioned that she thought everything looked normal but the cardiologist still needed to review it. She will call me today or tomorrow to let me know for sure.
To be honest, after all these tests I really think I just have a weird virus that is taking its time working itself out of my system. I never thought it was a heart problem but my doctor thought seeing a cardiologist was a necessary precaution. I guess it is nice to know that the important parts of my body are functioning just fine and now I don't have to wonder if it was something with my heart.
Thanks for the prayers! God is good and my heart is just fine!
2 comments:
So glad you are healthy and alright! Been praying for you tons
I'm so glad! You're going to be alright!
Post a Comment