I have discovered an amazing new workout called P90X. I heard some of my friends on base talking about how awesome this program is and have been wanting to do it for some time now. It's a video training program that you do 6 days a week for 90 days. Each session is an hour long and every day of the week focuses on working and toning a different of the body. Apparently, it's called "muscle confusion".
I recently found out that the base gym is offering this program, which is great because the videos are pretty expensive. Every day at 5pm they start the video on a big-screen tv in the aerobics room for anyone who wants to come. It's great having it at the gym because then I get free use of the weights, resistance bands, and mats that they recommend using in the video.
You may have done exercise videos before, but I guarantee you that this is nothing like you've ever experienced. This is a very serious workout regimen that is actually used for physical training by a lot of military members. In fact, I've been the only girl (and non-pilot) showing up for this class and this workout has been kicking my booty! After 3 days of workouts, I'm so sore I can barely move (but in a good way!) and already notice myself getting more toned...and I've only been doing the "easy" level!
Monday: Chest & Back (+ Abs)
Tuesday: Plyometrics a.k.a. Jump Training
Wednesday: Shoulders & Arms (+ Abs)
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: Legs & Back (+ Abs)
Saturday or Sunday: Stretch
It's extremely important in this program not to miss or skip any of the days if you want to be successful. I'm really enjoying the challenge of the workouts and hope I can continue to go and be motivated. I've actually been extra ambitious this week and have been riding my bike to and from the gym for the classes. I'll be sure to keep you updated on how I continue to do in the program. And now I'm going to push through the pain of my sore muscles and get ready for some serious yoga!


2 comments:
Hi Lindsay,
I do these workouts too and they are INSANE!! My boyfriend bought the dvd set. Thats so aweome though that they have it at a gym..i think it would be a lot more fun that way! Good luck with it! I hope all is well with you and Jake! :)
I've heard of this workout!!! Its supposed to be incredible just as you say! You stick it out :) Even if you're the only girl!
And I'm so impressed that you've been riding your bike to and from the gym. That's super impressive!! Go big sis!
Post a Comment