Music memories.

- - - - Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - - - -

Specific songs are often attached to specific moments. I've realized lately that when a song is attached to a memory I have (ex: if it was playing in the background) it brings back that memory so much stronger when I hear that song play. The music can trigger so many emotions and make me remember so many little details. Its like the memory and the song are forever attached in my brain and I cannot think of the song without thinking of that moment. Music is so powerful!



I was flipping through my iTunes library on my old computer and ran across these music memories: 
  • View From Heaven, Yellowcard: Cheering Tori up after her freshman heartbreak. 
  • Sugar, by Trick Daddy: Jaclyn and I dancing in the car making up dance moves and laughing harder than we ever have.  
  • Give Me One Reason, by Tracy Chapman: Dad always hugging and tickling me at the line "I don't want no one to squeeze me".
  • Collide, by Howie Day: The first time Jake kissed me.  
  • I'm Just A Girl, by No Doubt: Krysti baby-sitting me and Jaclyn and teaching us "cool" dance moves to the song.  
  • Brush Your Shoulders Off, by Jay-Z: What I was listening to when I got in my major car accident.  
  • Brand New Key (The rollerskating song), by Melanie Safka: Me and Allison laughing so hard at this song on my mom's CD.
  • Young At Heart, Frank Sinatra: Me and Cassie bundled up on the mountain looking over Sunset Beach.
  •  It's Your Love, by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill: Riding in the car with Jake (with Cass and Andrew) the summer after Jake and I started dating and him saying that he wanted to marry me one day.
  • Anyway You Want It, by Journey: A specific memory where I thought "Life can't get any better than this."  
This list could go on and on and on...
I am so thankful for old CDs and music playlists that I have. Just by listening to the songs I am able to remember so many little moments that I otherwise may have been forgotten.

Do you have any specific music memories with me?
If so, I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

SUGAR!!! So great! I love this blog too! I feel like I say that about every one though but its true! and the "I don't want no one to squeeze meeee" love it :)

One that I thought of that actually reminds me of you, me, and Jake is Numa! Where he does the little hand gesture on the squeaky sound.

Cassie Peters said...

Oh my gosh Linds...Sunset Beach weekend was sooo fun, and I totally remember listening to those Sinatra songs...and don't forget those pictures we took :)

Post a Comment