Lately I have been feeling very lazy and sluggish, even though I've been consistently very busy. The picture of my dog Bailey above captures the feeling perfectly. I find myself dragging through the work day only to come home and drag myself through household chores before laying on the couch for a large portion of the evening.
This funk I'm in doesn't surprise me though; this is what I tend to do. I go through periods of life where I am very active, using every minute I have for something good, healthy, and productive. Then I flip the other way around for a while and drag through my days trying to have the energy to get everything done. Sooner or later I reach the point where I realize my laziness is a problem and want to fix it (thus launching myself back into the other lifestyle so the cycle can continue).
Today I have reached that point and I am going to start using the little bit of free time I have for better purposes. I need to go back to my every-other-day work out routine, cut back on the unhealthy foods I've been rapidly consuming, and fill my TV couch time with hobbies that I've shoved off to the side. I know that when I do this, I will be filled with more energy and a better spirit, making my days easier and more enjoyable.
On a side note, I recently found a Christian blog post called "How to Stop Being Lazy" and I think it has some really good points. It identifies what the Bible says about "slothful" people. It made me realize that I never want to let myself fall into that category and it gave good advice on how to make sure that doesn't happen.

0 comments:
Post a Comment