This sweet little guy is the newest addition to the Pruitt family!
He is a lab/boxer mix and he's 4 months old.
Jake and I have been wanting to get another dog for quite some time now; partly for us, but mostly for our dog Bailey. She loves other dogs and seems to be so lonely while we are gone during the day. We have looked to adopt again on numerous occasions but just never found the right one. Then we saw this guy...
I saw him on Petfinder.com and I thought he was so cute. I called to ask about him but assumed he had probably already been adopted. Turns out he hadn't actually been adopted yet but they had received 3 applications from families that wanted him and were going to decide that night! Jake and I decided to send in an application and figured that if they liked us we would make a family trip (including Bailey of course) to go visit Badger in person. The shelter decided that we were his perfect family and said that if we wanted him, he was ours! The next day (Saturday) we hopped in the car and drove the long drive to Jackson, MS to meet him. When we got there, it was love at first sight and I knew he was perfect! We decided that we just had to take him home with us!
Let me tell you a little about why Badger is such a special puppy...
He and his 3 other siblings were found at 3 weeks old and brought to the Jackson shelter. The shelter then found a foster home for the puppies so that they could be raised and trained until they found good homes. Because of this, Badger, at 4 months old, is fully potty-trained and crate-trained, has been neutered, and has already had all of his shots. He's fortunate enough to have been raised in a loving home his entire life and has been socialized with other lots of other dogs, cats, and people. He is not your typical shelter puppy for sure! In fact, Jake and I said that we would not want another puppy because we wouldn't have the time or energy to train it but this little guy is already trained and everything!! He sleeps in his crate all through the night and knows to go to the door when he needs to go out. He is very easy-going and listens really well to commands such as "sit" or "no" or "come". Like I said, he's the perfect addition to our family!
Bailey and Badger have quickly become best buds. They are a great match for eachothers energy and together they keep themselves quite entertained. Bailey's dominant personality and Badger's laid back personality are a great balance. He just loves being her little sidekick and she loves always having someone to play with her.
So there you have it. We are officially a family of 4 and loving it! To see more pictures of Bailey & Badger, click here.



1 comments:
Your new puppy is so adorable! I just found your blog from Kristi Kurzen's and realized I remember you from Capitol, we lived 2 houses down from you guys. Bailey has grown so much, I remember when you first got him as a tiny puppy! Cute pups! Cute blogs!
Post a Comment