This weekend was very busy...good busy, fun busy, the kind of busy that makes Monday morning extra hard. Saturday Jake and I drove to Tuscaloosa, Alabama (about an hour away) and spent the whole day together shopping and enjoying being out of Columbus. It was nice to step out of the stress of work, pilot training, and two puppies and just be together. We picked up some Starbucks and walked around Target and the mall...the little things that we so appreciate since we don't have them here in Columbus. I attempted to take a picture of our excitement as we were leaving Mississippi for the day but couldn't exactly get Jake to cooperate :)
That night when we got home, we relaxed and watched a movie with some friends. Definitely, one of the best days I've had in a while. Sunday after church Jake cooked me lunch (which was a treat) and then he hit the books while I got my Sunday chores done...cleaning, laundry, groceries, dishes, etc. I always hate cleaning but afterward it is such a great feeling to relax in a freshly cleaned house. After relaxing a bit and enjoying some outdoor time with the pups, I cooked a lasagna for dinner and baked some yummy oatmeal cookies. Then two of my friends Allison and Katie came over and we had some fun girl time. Its so nice to have such good friends (that happen to live across the street) to hang with, talk to, and vent to on a regular basis. Columbus AFB would definitely be lonely for me without them!
So I had a great weekend and now its back to the daily grind. I do have a few fun things to look forward to this week though - Jake's solo tomorrow, a dinner date with Ann on Wednesday, and the joy of knowing I get an extra hour of sleep at the end of the week (yay for daylight savings time!). Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:
Had a great weekend...and definitely missed you when hanging with the girls. But I'll hopefully see you over my quick Thanksgiving break! Well actually I will make it a priority to see YOU since you live like 50 million miles away :) Glad you had a great weekend..and I just wanted to leave you with a song that should put you in a good mood any day...
"So I put my hands up, they're playing my song, and the butterflies fly away! Nodding my head like YEAH, moving my hips like YEAH. So I put my hands up they're playing my song and I know Im gonna be OK. YEAAAHHH it's a party in the USA!!!"
Yay!! I've been waiting for this blog! And I got your message this morning! I hope Jake's solo went great. Can't wait to see pictures. AND I can't wait to hear about all the Christmas decorations you got. It was so so SO good to read how amazing your weekend ways. It always makes my day better knowing that my sister is happy :) Thanks for the update. This is so great!
Hey Lindsay! You probably don't remember me.. its been FOREVER since i have seen you... almost 5 years since i've left Turlock, which is crazy to think about!! anyway, i got you blog link off you face book, it is WAY cute!!!
Post a Comment