Can you believe it's March? Wow. Time is flying by! Spring is almost here and I am so very excited. Last year, March was the month when the weather began to warm up and everything around base started to become beautiful and green again.
Oh and want to know what else happens on base during the month of March? Nasty little caterpillars start to grow on the upper lips of all the pilots. That's right, folks, Columbus AFB upholds the "Mustache March" tradition where all the men don't shave their mustaches for the entire month. It's actually a pretty hilarious sight to see every guy walking around base with a ton of facial hair (which is obviously not the norm on a military base). Most of the guys in Jake's class started doing this last week (Why?? I don't know...) and many of them already have a good "stache" growing in... one of them being my husband. I love him to death but the mustache is a pretty greasy look on him. I keep calling him Geraldo. Hahaha! Some of the wives freak out about their husbands participating but I don't really care. It's just a funny tradition and the guys seem to have a good time with it; although I'm not gonna lie, April 1st will be a wonderful day!
Since Jake wouldn't let me snap a picture of his new statche, I found another picture that fits the subject... The picture below was actually taken the night before I left California and moved to Mississippi. My friends will probably kill me for posting this on my blog but it was just too perfect! Yes, we are crazy. And I love it :) I miss you guys sooo much!! Anyways, happy March everyone!
PS... Is anyone else super excited for the Bachelor finale tonight? Wooooo!

2 comments:
Edwards AFB here in CA also does mustache March. When John worked there he said it was pretty hilarious see all the guys growing those hidious things! Luckily, he did not participate as a civilian...lol!
-Melanie
how funny!! i for sure remember that at Biola. But hey please let me know who he picks because I am dying to know about the bachelor!!!!! ahh!! I hope its not Vienna :-p blah!
Post a Comment