Irritated.

- - - - Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - - - -

I just found out some very bad news. Remember how I just told you yesterday about my awesome vacation with Jake coming up? Well it turns out that the UPT guys do not get Good Friday off as a holiday. Apparently some bases do take it off but it's at the discretion of the commander, and our base, being a training base, is only guaranteed federal holidays off. I just figured that because schools are out and I am off work (and my work never takes off little holidays) that Jake would be off too. I suppose there's a chance he could be out early that day and we could leave then but would that even be worth it? I'm not sure. I'll have to talk to Jake about it some more tonight and figure out a new plan. I'm so upset and irritated and embarrassed right now. Great job on the birthday present Lindsay... Next time do a little more research...

2 comments:

Megan Yowell said...

Aww, sorry Linds :( Don't beat yourself up though....anyone would have assumed that! It's the thought that counts, and you'll get a mini-vacation soon!

Patty said...

It will work out! You did an awesome job planning and you can't plan for little things like that! Hope you guys still get to go.

Post a Comment