First of all, THANK YOU everyone for the encouraging comments and emails regarding my braces situation. I actually feel so much better about it now that it's out there for all to know. Now it's Monday and I'm oddly happy for a Monday. I think it's because I know this week is a four day work week for me (yessss!) and on Friday I am treating myself to a day of spring shopping. I can totally get through four days of work if there's shopping involved at the end of it :) The bummer of it all is that this upcoming weekend was supposed to be Jake's little birthday getaway that was canceled. Oh and remember how we were just going to move it to memorial day weekend? Well thats a no-go... everything was booked solid so unfortunately the trip has been canceled altogether. Looks like we'll be waiting until after graduation for a vacation together... Oh well, August will be here before we know it and in the meantime I am planning on taking a trip back to the west coast to see my family!
This weekend was a lot of fun, after I got over my little food poisoning incident that is. Saturday was a lazy day overall... slept in, caught up on my DVR shows, took the dogs to the park. It was so nice and the weather was absolutely beautiful! We planted a ton of grass seed in our backyard in a hopeful attempt that it might make our yard somewhat decent looking. Fingers crossed! Anyways, that night, Jake and I had our dinner-movie date night and had so much fun. It's not often that we get to go out just the two of us... usually we are with other couples or with his class. We went to Mexican food and then went to see the movie She's Out of My League. It was a pretty funny movie, but definitely brainless and predictable. I enjoyed it though; sometimes I need a little predictability in my life :) After the movies we weren't quite ready to head home so what did we do at 10:30 at night? Headed over to Walmart to walk around and look at stuff. It's okay if you're laughing... we are SO Mississippi now! haha! We really do enjoy walking around and looking at stuff and people watching. But yes, I do realize that its totally lame that most of our date nights end with Walmart browsing. Oh how I miss Target!
Changing the subject, last Thursday night I went to my first book club meeting here on base and had a great time. If you remember, we chose to read My Sister's Keeper during the month of March. The book was really intriguing and I actually ended up reading most of it in one afternoon. Everyone told me that I would cry at the end of the book, but call my cold-hearted, I didn't shed a tear. Don't get me wrong, it was very sad but I guess I have a hard time crying over characters that aren't real... at least in books. Anyways, the book turned out to be great for discussion being that the topic is somewhat controversial. We talked for hours and hours... I actually had to leave early because it was getting so late and I had to get up for work the next day! The book we chose to read next is Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm excited to read this book because it's a nonfiction memoir of the author's travels through Italy, India, and Indonesia... sounds interesting right?? The book is actually being made into a movie that is coming out this summer starring Julia Roberts so that will be fun to see. For our next book club meeting at the end of April, we decided to make it a dinner and have everyone bring a different cultural food dish inspired from the book... how fun is that?! I love this whole book club thing. The other women are so much fun and its giving me an extra reason to read some great books, most of which I've wanted to read for some time now.
And the best news for last... T-minus three days until Jake says goodbye to Mr. Mustache! I have been a good wife in putting up with the Mustache March tradition but it's time for that thing to GO! Here's a little reminder of what I've been living with (although this picture was taken weeks ago so now the statche has grown completely over his upper lip)...

0 comments:
Post a Comment