Its all about perspective.

- - - - Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - - - -

Even though I'm grown and married and living far, far away from home, the first person I call when I'm having an awful day is still my mom. There's just something about a mom. They always seem to know what to say and exactly how to take care of you. I bring this up because one day last week I had a break down; one of the those days where the world was against me and everything was all wrong. Jake was swamped with everything UPT related and I didn't really have anyone else out here to just sit and cry to. So what did I do? I called my mom and just let it all out. Even being thousands of miles away, she snapped into "super-mom mode" and began spewing out genuine words of wisdom, making me laugh and putting all my problems into perspective. I realized that no matter how bad I thought my day was, it could have been so much worse. I really am so blessed and I have so much to be thankful for! Yesterday, I got this card [below] in the mail from my mom and I thought it was hilarious... A bad day is totally all about perspective.

1 comments:

Patty said...

Aww Linds I totally understand what you mean about moms. I haven't talked my mom in law or mom in over a month and am dying. I use to call them AT LEAST once a week. I can't wait to get a home phone!
And I saw this posted on fb and was rolling with laughter because it is so funny!

Post a Comment