So remember how I just said yesterday that I wanted a desk someday soon? Turns out someday was yesterday afternoon :) After work, I went to my favorite thrift store just to look around (the same store where I scored my 50¢ shoes and an amazing piece of art a while back). I go there all the time and had never seen a desk for sale so I wasn't even looking for one. But then I stumbled across this big box all taped up so I curiously asked a worker what was in it. He said "Oh that's a desk. It's actually brand new, but it's missing all the hardware to put it together." I said "Hmmm... mind if I take a look?" He ripped it open and suddenly a beautiful, brand-new cherry wood desk was staring right at me. It wasn't exactly the Parson's desk that I had my eye on but it had almost the exact shape and dimensions and it was just lovely. And the price? Unbeatable. He said I could have it for $25. Score! I loaded the big box into my car and headed straight over to Lowe's to get some hardware. I actually carried one of the desk legs into Lowe's to make sure I found the perfect screw to fit. I quickly found all the hardware I needed and picked up a knob for the desk drawer, and was out the door for a whopping $10. By this point I was more than giddy and headed straight home to set it up. I don't have it decorated quite right yet nor do I have the right chair, but for now I was able to use some stuff lying around the house to make it work. Check it out below! When I was finished with the setup, I sat down at my beautiful little desk, cup of coffee in hand, and stayed there for the rest of the evening. Isn't life wonderful and ironic?

4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you! I love finds like that! I'm so happy you got that desk. Its beautiful:)
I love it!!!! I'm glad you found a good bargain! We miss you, hope all is well!
I seriously LOVE when that happens - so happy for you!
Awesome! It looks perfect :-)
Post a Comment