Blah Blah Blah

- - - - Thursday, April 22, 2010 - - - -

I'm in a bit of blah mood this week. I think I am just stuck in this routine - work eat sleep repeat - and it's starting to wear on me. The fact is, life is just wonderfully busy right now.  I say its wonderful because I SO much prefer being busy to being bored. I just need to figure out how to put some pep back in my step in the midst of it. And I better do it fast too because life is not slowing down anytime soon... school starts for me in ten days. Ten days!!! Overall I guess I feel excited and nervous and ready. This next year and a half of technical web + design training is going to really set me up right for my entire career and I am sooo ready.

Okay, changing subjects, on Monday morning I went back to the orthodontist to get impressions done for my soon-to-be braces. I also made a hefty $640 down-payment... Yep, there's NO turning back now. I think that's been a big part of what's got me down this week - knowing that in just a little over two weeks I will have braces again. I seriously could've cried when I walked out of the ortho office on Monday because suddenly it was official... I wasn't just talking about doing it, I was actually going through with it. But ya know, its different every week. Last week I didn't really care about braces and this week I really do. I think this whole yearlong(+) process is going to be a giant series of ups and downs. Humor me as I work through it.

As for work. this week has been insanely hectic. We have a HUGE annual conference event for a client coming up in a few weeks and its a lot of work. My boss and I have been splitting the work load in half for the past month of planning and organizing but this week she is out of town and the load has fallen completely on me. It definitely helps the workday go by really fast but by the end of it all I feel like doing is sleeping. Hopefully once this conference is over my work will go back to a more manageable pace and I won't be so rundown. On a happier work note, yesterday was Administrative Professionals Day and everyone at work recognized me by taking me out to a super fancy lunch at the Old Waverly Country Club. It was SO nice to be thanked for all the tedious little office tasks I take on every week. Below is a picture of where we ate lunch. It's seriously one of the prettiest places I've seen so far in Mississippi!


But enough about work, let's talk about that handsome man I get to call hubby. I mean you think I've been working hard lately? Yeah, it doesn't even compare to what Jake does everyday. The poor guy is rundown, always stressed and overworked, and in the midst of all of it he is doing AMAZING in phase 3 of UPT. On top of everything, he still somehow finds a way to always put me first. Sure we don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like but he constantly does little things to show me that he loves me and supports me. It just amazes me how he can hold everything together the way he does. It's official... I have married Superman. Oh and speaking of being married, our two-year wedding anniversary is in less than two months! That seems crazy to me! Time just flys by way too fast.

Well there's your update on my life. I'm really happy tomorrow is Friday! Anyways, stay tuned the next few days for the launch of some new blog designs I've been working on. Hope everyone's having a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment