Photo shoot!

- - - - Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - - - -

So I'm in the process of launching my new business and I realized that I have absolutely no pictures of myself to use on my website. I really think having a "face" to a business, especially an online business, can give a needed sense of security to clients who have never met you before. At least with me, it's nice to have a visual of who I'm working with on the other side of the screen. The problem is that other than my wedding photos and my ancient high school senior portraits, I really have no pictures by myself. And in just a week and a half, my smile will be tainted by braces so if there's a time to have some pictures taken it's now!

A good friend of mine recommended a photographer in the area so I contacted her and told her what I needed... basically just a few pictures of myself that are not too stiff or "posey". I told her my ideal setting would be to shoot in a big open field and incorporate some random prop to add visual interest. I was so pleased when I showed  up to the location and saw exactly what I had pictured in my head! Amber was so nice and totally worked with me to get the types of photos I wanted, not to mention her prices were really affordable. If you are in the Columbus area and need a photographer you should definitely check out her website.

Anyways, here are two of the photos that I'm not using on my new site or blog. And I'm really SO excited to show you (soon!) the ones I have chosen to use in my new designs... the one for my new blog header is so fun and artsy and just perfect!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Great pictures!! :-) You look beautiful as always!

Megan Yowell said...

Super cute Linds!!! You look great :) I LOVE the random prop idea...that looks so unique!

Margaret said...

I love the pictures! You always look so beautiful:)

Truly Smitten said...

you are BEAUTIFUL!! I love the photo of you sitting on the cushion/table!

Post a Comment