Before we know it...

- - - - Monday, April 19, 2010 - - - -

...we'll be getting our new assignment and off to start the next "new phase" of our life. On Friday, I went with Ann to an assignment night on base and it made me realize that our own assignment night is not too far away! [FYI- Assignment Night is when all the UPT guys find out their next base location and the plane they will be flying for their career] We only have about 3 more months until ours... July 30th!! I can't believe how fast time has flown by out here and am so excited to think that we could be moving out of Mississippi in just a few short months. I am so ready! Don't get me wrong, I have great friends here and the base is decent but other than that I am SO not made to live in Mississippi... its just a different world out here...

We won't even have a realistic idea of our new location possibilities until Jake gets his "dreamsheet" in mid-July but that hasn't stopped us from dreaming of the wonderful new places we could be stationed next. As of right now, based on some of the planes Jake is interested in, the top bases we are LOVING are Travis (California), Hurlbert (Florida), and McChord (Washington). All of these assignments are not super easy to get but, hey, we can dream right?! Two of these locations would mean us being stationed right by family, and the other... well if we can't be by family, why not be on a beautiful beach in Florida?

As life always is in the military, everything with our future is so up in the air right now... but really I don't mind it at all! I'm so excited to see where life takes us and so thankful that God is always in control. I'm faithful that His plan for my life is infinitely better than anything I could even dream up for myself :) And yep, before we know it, change will be coming... and it will find me eager and waiting!

2 comments:

Cassie Peters said...

hey I posted a comment earlier and it didn't show up...anyways I'm so excited you guys get to find out soon where you're going...love you..and ps I finally posted a blog :)

Patty said...

How exciting!! I can't believe it's so close! And have you started school yet? How is that going?!

Post a Comment