Ah, weekend bliss.

- - - - Monday, April 5, 2010 - - - -

Three day weekends are amazing! There's just something about a day where you would normally be at work but instead you are doing whatever your little heart desires. My weekend was fun and relaxing, and at the same time extremely productive (hence the lack of blogging). On Friday I slept in (but of course was up and out the door in time to catch McDonalds breakfast...) and then hit the road for a fun shopping day. I went to Tuscaloosa on a mission for spring clothes, work shoes, and some new makeup. I also tried something new... My hairstylist told me about this consignment store called Plato's Closet and said that they buy back gently used clothes and that they also sell some really cute stuff. So I decided to clean out my closet, spring cleaning if you will, bagged up a bunch of stuff and headed to the store. To my happy surprise they bought everything! And gave me some cold hard cash in return. Andwhile I was there, I also found some really cute spring dresses and a pair of shorts at the ridiculously low price of about $10 each. Score! Overall it was a very successful shopping day and it was really nice to get out of Columbus and just do something fun.

The rest of the weekend I was very productive around the house. I cleaned and organized and did all those pesky little chores I've been putting off. Then I decided to tackle the outside of the house! EEK... Nothing outside had really even been touched since fall, so needless to say, I had my work cut out for me. I swept and washed the back patio (scrubbing all the nooks and crannies, killing bugs all along the way), I mowed and edged the lawn, pulled weeds, cleaned the grill, cleaned the patio furniture, washed the windows... Whew, I'm getting tired just writing this all out. It sure was an amazing feeling though to sit on the patio afterward and just admire all my hard work. The only thing left to do now is go pick up some plants and flowers for the front porch and back patio. I'm so excited to start eating outside and grilling multiple nights a week. I love springtime!

Then last night, Allison brought her dog Elvis over and we has some fun girl chat while the dogs ran circles around the house...Bailey using the back of the couch as a tightrope, Elvis using the couch as a jumping hurdle, and Badger trying to attack both them while they're doing that. After the playdate, the dogs were exhausted which was perfect... because after all that housework SO WAS I!! Happy Monday everyone!

1 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds like a blast!! OoOoO and McDonald's breakfast sounds yum yum yummy!

Post a Comment