Vacation + Other Updates

- - - - Thursday, June 24, 2010 - - - -

It's official I am on vacation and heading to California tomorrow morning! I haven't seen my family or friends since Thanksgiving and that is wayyy too long to be apart. I'll only be home for 4 days this time because thats all I could swing with work but that gives me 4 whole days to love on all my family and friends. I AM SO EXCITED!!

On a different note, I am finding myself nervous to go home with these awful braces on my teeth :/ I've gotten used to having them but I think thats majorly due to the fact that the people I see everyday are now used to me having them. Nobody here notices anymore. But when I get around someone who is seeing me in braces for the first time, I suddenly am very aware of the fact that I have braces which makes me talk even weirder and get all self conscious! Oh goodness. Bear with me folks.

In dog news, Bailey ate a whole tube of Blistex last night which was pretty traumatizing for me. She literally dug it out of my purse when I wasn't looking and demolished the whole thing before I noticed. I thought for sure she would be really sick but thank goodness she was okay. I swear I can't take my eyes off her for two seconds!

And I bet you're wondering how my handsome hubby is doing these days? Well he's good overall but unfortunately he's more stressed than ever this week. On Monday he will have his last BIG checkride in the T-1 and how he does on it plays a huge part in determining our next location - Eek! Everyone says for Jake not to stress about it but that's sooo much easier said than done. Heck, I'm stressed about it and I'm not even the one flying! At this point, we are both just so beyond ready for pilot training to be over. Jake is excited to finally have some free time again and I am looking forward to seeing my husband again. Sure he has physically been here this whole year but mentally he is not my usual Jake. Right now he is a ball of stress and I want my goofball back!! 5 weeks until assignment night and I'm counting down every minute!

Well I suppose I should get back to packing and preparing for my trip. I don't think it's really hit me yet that I'll actually be back in California tomorrow. I seriously think I left my heart back on the west coast :) Hope you all have a fabulous week... I'll be back with details of my trip on Wednesday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment