Well I have officially had braces for a month now so I thought I would give a little progress report on my experience so far. I won't lie, it started out pretty rough! The first week I had them I was in an incredible amount of pain. I couldn't talk. I couldn't eat. I was super self-conscious. I had cancer sores, shredded gums, and cracked lips. I had a difficult time closing my mouth over the brackets and felt like my lips would get stuck whenever I tried to talk. Misery... seriously... seriously...
But now I really think the worst is long gone! I'm so happy to report that over the past month, I have grown to not even realize I have them anymore. The pain is totally minimal now and I've already noticed a huge difference in my smile (mainly in the reduction of my overbite)... in just a month! When I first got them put on, I worried that I had made a mistake and pictured myself enduring a year of misery but its actually not so bad at all now. I'm no longer self conscious about them and with the way the past month flew by I know they will be off before I know it... and I know I will be so thankful I had them! So there's your one month update :)
And I have exciting plans for this very special weekend... Be back later with details! Happy Friday!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment