Right after assignment night, Jake and I drove to Ft. Rucker and despite hitting some horrible weather (I swear we actually saw a tornado funnel cloud in the distance) we made pretty good time and were there by 11pm. We were so excited to see Kevin and Katie - it had been way too long! On Saturday morning it was really nice out (ridiculously hot and humid, but still nice) so we decided to spend some time at the pool. Katie and Kevin had just bought a new jeep so we got to cruise around base with the top down, hair blowing in the wind, enjoying the beginning of wonderful summertime. Ahh, and what an amazing feeling it was to just lay out in the sun with friends and float around in the pool for a few hours! It's a good thing we decided to go in the morning though because afternoon brought some serious thunderstorms, as typical for summer in the south. Katie and I lounged around all afternoon and just caught up while the boys went off to talk planes (what else right?), look at the airfield, and check out the air museum. That night Becca (another friend from Columbus who moved to Ft. Rucker after track select) had us all over to her house for dinner and it was mm-mmm good!
On Sunday it was the girls turn for a day out so Katie and I headed to town for some serious shopping. I've been so deprived living in Columbus :) We had so much fun... but seriously, when do we not have fun together? We all went out to dinner and then it was time for Jake and I to say goodbye and head back home. The weekend flew by so fast - I wish we could've stayed!! Here are a few pictures from the weekend. Oh wait but one more thing... I just have to say that it was sooo cute watching Jake with their 7-month old baby Drew this weekend. I'm not sure if Jake will admit it, but he really loves babies and him and Drew were like best buds all weekend. Jake carried him everywhere, always talking to him and explaining things and really it just melted my heart! We're not quite ready for kids yet but when we are, I know I've definitely got the right man by my side. Okay okay, sorry back to the pictures...









1 comments:
We are so glad you could come for a visit!! I had such a great time catching up with you again. :)
Post a Comment